Thursday, October 23, 2014

Walking Tacos

Have you missed me?  Well, I've missed you!  My little sis informed me that I've been sorely neglecting you all.  Since I last posted, we moved, the kids all started school (and I somehow ended up as a room mom for the 3rd grader!), went through almost an entire season of soccer and lacrosse (2 more weeks, just 2 more weeks!), joined the gym (like 2 days ago.  Yikes!  I am SO sore!  Wish me luck!), and I couldn't find my baby.  For almost an entire half hour.  Talk about near heart failure!!  Luckily he just went to a little friends house and was playing on their way-super-awesome play set in the back yard.  I went from I'm-so-mad-I'll-strangle-the-little-monkey-when-I-find-him to, when I finally found him, oh-my-precious-perfect-little-angel-I-just-want-to-kiss-your-sweet-little-face-until-you-scream!

I have to say, I've forgotten how much of an ordeal moving is!  We were in our last place for 8 years.  Seems like a lifetime sometimes.  I guess it is for some people.  We moved in with a 6 month old baby and had 2 more little ones while we were there.  That's a lifetime for the 3 of them.  All though moving is the pits, it sure was nice to have some of the kids old enough to really help.  I think the actual moving part was the easy part.  Changing the address on all the mail and transferring the kid's schools was probably more stressful.  Not to mention the melt downs over leaving friends and the best. Schools. Ever.  Luckily, we're in a pretty awesome neighborhood with lots of little kiddies.

Do you have kids?  If you do, you're going to want to bookmark, pin, print out and save, whatever, this recipe!  These Walking Tacos are totally kid approved!  The kids thought (for at least 7 seconds!) that I was/am the coolest mom ever!  The 15 year old asked where I got the idea.  I told him Pinterest (Coolest. Site. Ever!).  He informed me that he would never EVER complain about Pinterest again!  Now THAT is HUGE!



1 pound ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
8-10 individual serving sized bags nacho cheese Doritos
Your favorite taco toppings like...
Lettuce, shredded
Cheese, grated
Tomatoes, diced
Sour cream
Olives, sliced
Salsa

Brown the ground beef and add taco seasoning (along with the water called for on the package).  To assemble, slightly crush chips, then squeeze the bottom of the bag to make it POP!  Pretty sure that was my favorite part.  The 15 year old was in the other room and asked what the popping noise was.  I completely lied to him and told him I didn't hear a thing.  Not sure if he believed me, but he didn't come to investigate.  If you are a little more civilized than we are here, feel free to either cut the top off the bags or pull them open.  Just open the little bags.  Add meat and desired toppings.  Mix it all up and grub up!

Recipe from....Well, I saw pictures on Pinterest and did my own thing.

2 comments:

  1. I agree...moving is hectic and I've swore this is the last house. These tacos are cool and I love Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to never move again! Although I'm pretty sure there's at least one more move in my future. The tacos were so fun! I'm sure they'd be tasty with beans instead of meat or with meatless crumbles. Is that what it's called?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...