Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Flour Tortillas

We go through a lot of tortillas around here.  From casseroles, to tacos/fajitas/burritos, to wraps, or just eating heated with butter and maybe a little cinnamon sugar.  The kids aren't too picky about their tortillas, but I can hardly bring myself to eat a store bought tortilla unless it's the kind I get to cook myself.

These flour tortillas take a little more time than opening a bag of pre-made tortillas, but are worth the time and effort.  I set them out with corn taco shells and store bought tortillas and they disappeared before anything else was touched!  The family was a little disappointed that I only made a single batch.



2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons olive oil

In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in water and oil. Turn onto a floured surface and  knead 10 to 12 times.  Add a little flour or water if needed to achieve a smooth dough. Let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into eight portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 7 inch circle. Heat a nonstick griddle to 350. Cook tortillas for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.


Recipe from Taste of Home

Linked on Pin it ThursdaySweet and Savory Saturdays and Pinworthy Projects.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried these with olive oil yet, just shortening! I think that would be faster to whip up, although these are easy either way. Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #30.

    ~Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...