Monday, July 2, 2012

Good Morning! Eggs

These Good Morning! Eggs are fantastic!!  I have been having omelets for breakfast a lot lately and the kids always ask for "Just one bite.  Pleeeeeease."  That one bite almost always turns into half of my omelet.  This morning they told me they wanted some of my breakfast before I started on my omelet, so I decided to scramble up the eggs instead, and throw the filling in with the scrambled eggs.  I figured that would be a much easier way to quickly cook for everyone.  I asked my hubby if he wanted some, but he told me I don't make good eggs anymore.  All I put in them is veggies.  Where's the ham and steak?  Just for him, I added some diced up ham.  Yum-O!


6 eggs
3/4 cup cooked mushrooms, onion and red pepper*
1/2 cup diced ham
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon butter or oil

In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, basil, salt and pepper.  Whisk until smooth.  Heat a skillet over medium heat; add the butter and let melt completely.  Pour eggs into the warmed skillet and cook, stirring often, until eggs are cooked through.  In a separate skillet, combine veggies and ham and cook until heated through.  Add to eggs and stir to combine.

*At the beginning of the week I chop up an onion, red pepper and 2 pounds of mushrooms and cook in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter for about 10 minutes on medium heat (until the onions are transparent and the mushrooms and red pepper are tender).  I use this veggie mixture as a filling for my omelets throughout the week.  If you only want to cook enough for this recipe, combine 1/4 cup diced red pepper, 1/4 cup diced onion and 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms with 1 tablespoon of butter or oil and cook as directed above.  Add the ham in at the end to heat through.  Use a slotted spoon to scoop mixture into the eggs to leave out as much of the juice as possible.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...