Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hot Pink Breakfast Smoothie

This Hot Pink Breakfast Smoothie is a great way to start off your day.  One of the great things I noticed about this smoothie is that I didn't feel hungry all morning.

I am not a fan of beets, but the first day I made the smoothie I thought it was pretty decent.  When I bought my beets, they only came in a bunch of 3, and each smoothie only uses 1/2 of a beet.  After deciding the Hot Pink Breakfast Smoothie wasn't too bad, I bought enough stuff to make enough smoothies to finish off the beets.  By the time I finished up with my smoothies, I decided I still really didn't like the beets.  If you aren't a beet fan, this may not be the smoothie for you.  If you are a beet fan, enjoy!

Juice of 1 Thai coconut


This is a lovely Thai coconut.  I found them at my health food store.


To get the juice out, cut off about 1 inch off the bottom.  Put 2 holes (with a hammer and screwdriver) in the bottom.  One in the soft spot (the dark little spot in the white spot in the middle of the coconut) and one in the hard part.

1/2 beet
1 carrot
1/4 cup raw cashews (I got mine at the health food store)
1/4 cup dates (at the health food store, as well)
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
Stevia to taste, optional (I used about 1 dropper of the liquid)

Combine all ingredients, except strawberries, in a blender and blend until smooth.  Add strawberries and blend again until smooth.

Recipe adapted from Green Smoothie Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...