Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole

I love almost anything I can prepare in the crock pot. This Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole was good, but we all agreed it would be great with sausage instead of bacon. The kids and my sweet hubby ate theirs with ketchup (should I be offended?) but I enjoyed mine without. I loved that it went into the crock pot the night before and was ready when we woke up.




6 to 8 strips of bacon (I will use a pound of sausage next time)
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 red or green bell pepper, diced
3 cups shredded cheese
1 (2 pound) bag frozen hash browns (I used a 28 ounce bag because that is what I could find)
12 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon dill
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Brown bacon (or sausage) and crumble and set aside. Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic in a small amount of oil over medium heat until tender - about 5 minutes. Combine eggs, milk, dill, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Spray a crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Put about 1/3 of the hash browns in the crock pot and top with 1/3 of the bacon (or sausage), 1/3 of the onion mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times. Pour egg mixture over the top and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

Recipe adapted from a Latte' with Ott, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...