Friday, June 19, 2015

Kool-Aid Popcorn

My little pixie is turning 7 and I made this super tasty Kool-Aid Popcorn for her birthday party!  If you love Kool-Aid and popcorn, this recipe is for you!

My little pixie's colors were turquoise, lavender (heaven help me if I slipped and said blue and purple!), and pink.  Just pink.  I used grape Kool-Aid for the purple, and fruit punch for the pink (red?).  I really hoped it would turn out more pink, but even if the color didn't do what I wanted it to, it still tasted great!


12 cups popped popcorn
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 packet unsweetened Kool-Aid
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Combine butter, corn syrup, and sugar in a medium pan and cook over medium heat, stirring until butter is melted. Increase heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in the Kool-Aid and baking soda; mix well. Pour the hot mixture over the popcorn and stir until it’s well coated. Pour the popcorn out onto a large, rimmed, baking sheet that's been greased, and spread evenly. Cook for 40 minutes at 250, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely and break into pieces.

Recipe from Our Best Bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...