Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Quinoa Berry Breakfast Bowls

I seem to go through phases with my breakfast.  I find something that I really like and eat it every day, or nearly every day for weeks.  Quinoa Berry Breakfast Bowls is the latest of my breakfast loves.


¾ cup steel cut oats
pinch of salt
¼ cup quinoa
3 cups water
¾ cup milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Nuts and berries for topping

In a large saucepan, combine steel-cut oats, salt and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes without stirring. Rinse quinoa well in a fine-mesh sieve. Drain and add quinoa to the oats, stir, then partially cover and simmer for 10 more minutes. Add ½ cup milk and vanilla. Stir gently to combine and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Spoon into serving bowls and top with remaining milk, maple syrup, nuts and berries.

Recipe from Mom Advice.

Linked on The Weekend re-Treat.

1 comment:

  1. I love quinoa but the teens and southern man don't like the taste. I would love to try this so I pinned it. You should so share this on Real Food Fridays.
    http://yourlife7.blogspot.com/2014/04/real-food-fridays-33-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...