Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Brown Sugar Chicken Wings with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Dip

It's spring break around here and I shipped all 3 of my girls to Granny and Papa's house.  Disneyland may claim to be the "Happiest Place On Earth", but for my kids, Granny and Papa's house beats out Disneyland for the title hands down.  It's amazing how much less laundry I have with them gone.  It's also amazing how peaceful it is around here.  I only here "MOM!!" about once every 30 seconds instead of every. Single. Second.  I better enjoy it while it lasts, they'll be home before I know it.

These Brown Sugar Chicken Wings are pretty tasty little buggers.  And the sauce, well, you had me at Roasted Red Pepper!  YUM!



2 pounds chicken wings
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper, to taste

Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Dip:
1/3 cup roasted red pepper
2 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper, to taste; mix well. Add in the wings and stir until well coated.  Place on the baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes (until cooked through), turning the wings over half way through the cooking time. While the wings are cooking, combine roasted red pepper, cream cheese, sour cream and salt in the bowl of a food processor.  Process until smooth(ish).

Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...