Monday, October 28, 2013

Soft Sugar Cookies

If you're looking for a soft sugar cookie recipe, give this one a try.  The cookies are soft and delicious!  Even without the frosting.



3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large bowl, combine softened butter and sugar.  Mix until smooth.  Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.  Add baking powder and flour, 1 cup at a time.  Mix well after each addition.  Dough may start to crumble, but keep mixing and the dough will pull together.  When the dough is mixed, roll into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Preheat oven to 350.  Sprinkle the counter with flour (or powdered sugar - I like to use powdered sugar instead) and roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick.  Cut with a cookie cutter, then transfer to a greased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.  Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (I pull them out when the top no longer looks moist).  Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool all the way.


Recipe from Make Bake Celebrate.

3 comments:

  1. I remember these growing up and love the softness--they melt in your mouth. Beautiful decorations, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now you've got me curious and I'll have to make cookies this week! I never thought to use powdered sugar on my work surface instead of flour! :) [#PinItThurs]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...