Monday, July 15, 2013

Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken with Tomato Avocado Salsa

This Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken with Tomato Avocado Salsa is so delicious and flavorful!  I couldn't get enough, especially of the salsa.  When the kids refused the salsa, I didn't force it on them.  I was even secretly hoping they would beg me not to make them try it.  Heck, they didn't even have to beg.  The 7 year old simply said "Mom, do I need to have that stuff?"  I was more than happy to eat what would have gone on the kids chicken.  As soon as I got the littles into bed, the hubs and I sat down with the rest of the salsa and a bag of chips and devoured the stuff.  It was A. Maz. Ing!


4 limes, juiced and zested
2 cloves garlic
1 jalapeño pepper, sliced seeded
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless

Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a food processor and pulse until smooth and well combined.  Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts in a wide, shallow bowl (or in a large, sealable plastic bag), and toss to coat.  Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (but no more than 24).  Preheat your gas grill to medium. When the grill is hot, add your chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.  Serve topped with Tomato Avocado Salsa.

Tomato Avocado Salsa:
4 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup red onion, minced
1/2 cup  fresh cilantro, minced
3 tablespoons jalapeño pepper, minced
2 avocados, diced
pinch salt
juice of 1small lime

Toss all ingredients in a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes for flavors to blend.

Recipe adapted from Can You Stay for Dinner?

Linked on Pin it Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! All my favorite flavors in one chicken dish. Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This sounds delicious! Pinning for later! Thanks for sharing at Pin It Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fantastic one! Hope you like it every bit as much as I did. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...