Friday, October 19, 2012

Candy Corn Frosting

As a kid, my favorite treat to get at a class Halloween party, or out trick-or-treating, was a frosted sugar cookie with a candy corn or pumpkin stuck in the center.  I always left the candy in the middle of the cookie and ate it.  My favorite bite was the one with the candy corn.  I loved the taste of the candy corn, frosting and cookie all put together.  Those were the days.  Treats didn't have to be store bought and actually tasted good!  *sigh*

This year I went of a quest to find the perfect Candy Corn Frosting so every bite would be the best.  There was only one problem.  I couldn't find a single recipe.  I tried making Candy Corn Frosting a couple weeks ago.  It didn't turn out.  It was thick and runny.  Oxymoron?  Not in this case.  But it sure tasted good.  Since then I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to make it work.  Probably more time than is normal.  But I won't admit it.  At least not out loud.  The second go was a charm!  The consistency was perfect and it was yummy!  I'm brilliant, I know.  And extremely humble. :)


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup candy corn
3 tablespoons milk
dash of salt
3 cups powdered sugar

Combine butter, candy corn, and milk in a food processor.  Process until smooth(ish), scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally.  Mine still had some chunks, but I think it might be because my candy corn didn't seem to be the freshest.  The kids liked the chunky pieces.  Scrape candy corn mixture into a medium sized mixing bowl and stir in salt and powdered sugar.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Tatertots and Jello, Sweet Bella Roos, and Sweet as Sugar Cookies.

3 comments:

  1. I bet you could have melted the candy corn in the milk, cooled it, and then make your frosting. Great idea for Halloween cookies...and you know I'm a sucker for anything Candy Corn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!? Candy corn frosting is brilliant! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...