Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pizza Bread

I wanted homemade bread. I mean, I really wanted homemade bread. So I whipped up a batch. As my beautiful dough was rising I found that I had a problem. The problem? It was almost dinner time and I had nothing planned for dinner. Since the dough was enough for 2 loaves, I decided to make pizza bread out of one. Super easy and the kids loved it!


Dough for 1 loaf bread (you can buy it frozen or make your favorite recipe)
1 cup cheese
1/2 cup peperoni
Marinara sauce for dipping

Prepare dough according to the package or your recipe. Instead of shaping the loaf, roll out into a rectangle about 1/2 inch think. Spread peperoni across the dough, leaving a 1 inch border with no peperoni. Sprinkle cheese over the peperoni, leaving a 1 inch border without cheese. Roll from the short end of the rectangle and pinch the seam and ends closed. Place in greased bread pan and let rise, and then bake, according to package or recipe directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...