Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chocolate No Bake Cookies

Another no bake treat. There are a lot of no bake cookies recipes, but the ones I've found have peanut butter in them. I wanted something without peanut butter, but easy and no bake, so I came up with these. Very tasty if you ask me.


1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut flakes
3 1/2 cups rolled oats

Place rolled oats and coconut flakes in a large bowl and set aside. Combine butter, sugar, salt and milk in a large sauce pan and cook over medium-high heat. Bring to a full boil and boil for 1 minute. Turn heat off and add vanilla and cocoa powder. Stir until smooth. Pour over oats and stir until well combined. Drop by large spoonful onto waxed paper or foil (I used a cookie scoop this time, but think they look better using a regular spoon - just my preference). Let cool to set.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...