Friday, April 15, 2011

Noodle Stir Fry

This noodle stir fry is one of the things I made for my little (big) guys 12th birthday. It was pretty easy and tasted fantastic. According to him, it was the "Best. Stir fry. Ever!" Yep, it really is that good. I guess it doesn't hurt that it was made with The BEST Teriyaki Sauce Ever.

I used ground pork in the stir fry this time, but I think it would be amazing with chicken or beef as well (not ground, cut into thin strips). YUM!!


1 (6 oz) package chow mein stir fry noodles (I used Wel Pac brand - found in the oriental section)
1 pound lean ground pork
3 green onions and tops, cut into 1 inch lengths
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
2 cups packed shredded green cabbage (I used a cole slaw mix)
1 carrot, coarsely shredded
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside. Heat wok or large frying pan over medium high heat. Add pork and stir fry 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Add onions and cook 1 minute. Mix in cabbage, carrot, noodles, teriyaki sauce and pepper. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until all is combined and heated through.

Recipe slightly adapted from Wel Pac

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...