Monday, September 24, 2012

Easy Meatloaf

Growing up, the word meatloaf was a bad word.  I mean a VERY bad word!  They served some brownish-gray concoction in the cafeteria at school that was chewy and flavorless.  They called it meatloaf.  Is it any wonder the word was a major turnoff?  And then it happened.  I tried this Easy Meatloaf.  I was hooked on the stuff.  And so were the kids!  My 11 year old requests it often and all the kids love it.  It's flavorful, easy, and the leftovers (if there are any) are fought for.  Kids actually fight over leftovers.  That's practically a miracle!

The hubs likes it with ketchup.  I personally think anything dipped in ketchup is vile.  I like mustard on mine.  I won't hold a thing against the ketchup lovers if the mustard haters don't hold my mustard loving against me.  We can all still be friends. :)

1 envelope dry onion soup mix (like Lipton Recipe Secrets)
2 pounds ground beef (I sometimes use turkey)
3/4 cup oatmeal
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup ketchup (not vile in things, just on things)

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined (I usually just mix it with my hands.  Washed, of course.  The kids like to help too.).  Shape into a loaf on a baking sheet lined with foil (for easier clean up :)).  Bake uncovered for 1 hour.  

Recipe adapted from Lipton.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...