Friday, September 2, 2011

French Breakfast Muffins

Once in a while I get tired of the same old breakfast (lunch and dinner) foods that we eat. So....I decided to try something new/different. These French Breakfast Muffins were YUMMY!! 1 Batch wasn't enough for my family. They were literally fighting over the last one.

"You already had 2!"
"Well, you already had 3!"
"So, I'm bigger."

You get the idea. My sweet hubby even ate the cute little 3 year olds leftover muffin (you know, the one she licked the sugar off the top and left on the counter).

These super tasty French Breakfast Muffins were even requested again the same day, and the next day, and even the next. I might even make them again tomorrow. Hope the kids don't get tired of them. :)


1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup milk

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted

Mix butter, sugar and egg. Stir in dry ingredients. Add milk and stir until just blended. Fill 12 greased or lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown. Mix cinnamon and sugar for the topping. Dip the top of the warm muffins in melted butter and roll in sugar mixture. Eat warm.

Recipe from my Visiting Teacher Denise (she's the BEST!!)

Linked on Sweets For a Saturday 33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...