Saturday, September 17, 2011

Carrot Cake Fit For A King

Another AMAZING recipe! I needed to take a desert to a family dinner and made these scrumptious little cupcakes. My sister in law told me that we could no longer be friends because of them. I'm not certain, but it may have something to do with the fact that I informed her that 1 cupcake is smaller than a normal piece of cake and she could have another one without feeling guilty. Besides, baby wanted more (she is expecting!). Half way through her second cupcake is when she informed me that we weren't friends anymore. I think I was actually doing her a favor. You know, adding veggies into the cake. That makes it practically healthy. And with the cream cheese in the frosting, I think we have all the food groups covered!


3 eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup flaked coconut
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x12 inch pan. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well. In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple and raisins. Using a large wooden spoon or a very heavy whisk, add carrot mixture to batter and fold in well. Pour into prepared 8x12 inch pan, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Check with toothpick. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.

I frosted with my Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting. YUM!!!

Recipe adapted from All Recipes

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, nothing beats a slice of some awesome carrot cake. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...