Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Grandma's Waffles

There's a waffle truck that has started coming to a park-and-ride about a mile from my house.  It's supposed to have some pretty awesome waffles.  I was going to go and grab me some yummy waffles for lunch today, 'cause that's what all the cool people in the neighborhood do :), but I have 2 sweet little munchkins with colds and I didn't want to take them out in the cold.  Or was it that I really, really dread putting my sweet little 2 year old in his car seat.  It sometimes turns into a 5 minute battle of screaming (him) and crying (him too).  People probably think I'm beating the poor child!  If I can avoid taking him somewhere, I gladly do it.  But I still really wanted some waffles.  Like the strawberry and cream waffles I've heard about.  Just as I was trying to decide if I was ready for battle, I remembered my super way cool waffle maker I got for Christmas.  Well, at least I hoped it was super way cool, since I hadn't tried it out.

I'm pretty sure these waffles could rival the ones from the waffle truck.  They're, light, fluffy, buttery and practically melt in your mouth.  Yep, I'm convinced the waffle truck has nothing on these waffles. 



1 1/3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 eggs , separated
1/2 cup butter , melted
1 3/4 cups milk

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredients. Put the whites in a small mixing bowl and beat until stiff; set aside. Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredients and blend. Fold stiff egg whites into the mixture. Ladle mixture (I used 1/2 cup per batch) into hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have esp?? I was thinking this morning about waffles...in fact, I should say, I was dreaming about them before I got up! These look so yummy with fresh berries and makes the winter look a little more cheery. Thanks for making my dream come true:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum I love strawberries and waffles! These look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...