Friday, January 25, 2013

Fried Potatoes

My kids usually don't care much for leftovers.  As a matter of fact, they sometimes tell me they'd rather stave than eat leftovers.  These fried potatoes are one of the few exceptions.  Not sure if it's because they are leftovers made over, or because they're potatoes.  When I boil potatoes I actually boil extras.  On purpose!  Just for these awesome Fried Potatoes.  And there are never any leftovers.  Ever.  Unless you count the few pieces of bell pepper and onion the kids dig out.  I'm still determined to make my kids love bell peppers and onions.


4 to 5 cups diced potatoes (from left over baked or boiled potatoes)
1 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt

Put butter in a large frying pan and heat over medium-high heat until melted.  Add potatoes, pepper, onion and season salt and fry, stirring often, until browned; 10 to 15 minutes.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Show and Tell Saturday, The Busy Bee's, Tatertots and Jello, Manic Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Fried potatoes are my hubby's favorite and he requests them on the weekend with what he calls his "big" breakfast. It really turns out to be more like brunch, but since sports start on television at 10:00 a.m., he doesn't have to emerge from his "man cave" until it's time for dinner! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...